Hello, Here are the meeting minutes from January 29, 2015. Thank you, to those who were able to attend!
- Sun 9/27, 10:30 – 14:30: Hike to Harriman State Park
- Tue 9/29, 17:30 – 20:00 in the Alumni Reading Room, Pratt Library: Film screening of the film, Watermark, with panel discussion to follow.
- Fri 10/2, from 18:00-20:00 in Higgins Hall, Room 111: Lecture, “Underwater Photography: An Expedition Across Oceans” with award-winning underwater photographer and filmmaker, Keith Ellenbogen
- Sat 10/3, beginning at 12:00 noon: Beach clean up in the Rockaways with Refreshments to follow.
CRASH COURSE/GREENWEEK DATES
- Crash Course: April 2
- GreenWeek: April 4 – April 8
- 10.08.15 Thursday bet 12:30-14:00 location TBD
9/28 Watermark Screening and Panelist Speaking
10/2 Underwater Photography
10/3 9:00am – 1:00pm Rockaway Beach Clean Up (Bayside) *Talk with SGA for bus/train funds
- Envirolutions URL
Currently working on renting space for community gardening and raising awareness for human health campaign
Collaborate with Rapid Prototyping Lab and make demo posters
Invite Carolyn to give lecture on Life Cycle Assessment at Biomimicry Class
- TurnUp Art Supplies URL
- NYPIRG URL
New Office will be at ISC Building
- SGA URL
Encourage recycling practice on campus
Contact Director of sustainability facility
Will now be accessible through Pratt’s website
Will be able to feature individual groups and committees
New tabs will be added for: BlueWeek | Envirolution | LEAP | NYPIRG
- Carolyn will meet with the new provost to discuss the proposal to the president.
- Each department should have a sustainability rep. to join GreenWeek.
- Students should inform CSDS if they feel like sustainability topic isn’t addressed/emphasized in class
- Invite people with Sustainability Minor to share in meetings (Bridget)
- Solar Decathlon (possibility for the Institute to participate?)
- To begin, we will need commitments from departments
- Start from Deb Johnston
- Diana will bring back results from California.
- Video documentations
- Propose during faculty meetings
- Fundings from manufacturers (USD 300,000)
- Contact / Mailing Information
- List-serv is not available anymore. Google Group?
- Monthly meeting on second Thursdays of each month (Dec not included)
- Fundings for invited guest speakers