Hello, here are the meeting minutes from 02.03.2017. Thank you all for making time to attend!
Pratt Sustainability Coalition Website
CRASH COURSE 03.25.17
GREENWEEK 03.27.17 – 03.31.17
NEXT MEETING 03.03.17, 12:30-2:00pm at Higgins Hall North 4th Floor
LETTER TO THE PRESIDENTIAL SEARCH COMMITTEE
- Expand the list of organizations and councils:
- include other groups that are not environmentally active but wish to acknowledge the importance of sustainability;
- include more student organizations/clubs;
- Quantify the number of members in each organizations and councils;
- Add signature of group leaders or representatives onto the letter —> Diana Tsoy can gather a list of student organizations and their corresponding leaders/contacts;
- Letter to be revised and edited before Monday noon by Coalition Group members;
- Letter to be sent out by Wednesday 02.08.2017.
GREEN WEEK 2017 POSTER DESIGN
- Greenland Shore is the poster winner (see image below)!
- Further adjustments will be made;
- Will be added to CSDS website;
- Will be displayed in every department and North Hall glass case;
- Will be spread out via email.
GREEN WEEK 2017 EVENT INFO GATHERING
- Green Week 2017 Dates: 03.27.17-03.31.17
- Opening Reception: Higgins Hall, 12:30-2:00pm, Tuesday 03.28.17
- Crash course: 03.25.17
- General event info needed by the end of this week, please email event info to Tetsu at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Event working calendar can be found here;
- Industrial Design: students’ work will be displayed in the Terian Design Gallery;
- Fashion Design: students’ work, if secured, is encouraged to be displayed in the hallway/Terian Design Gallery;
- Pratt Institute Libraries: Film screening (Monday 03.27.17) theme will be decided by the end of this week ;
- Carl Zimring: more detailed needed for Earth Day march in DC/NYC;
- Joelle Danant: Meditation 12-12:30pm, Friday 03.31.17; Yoga: 12:30-1:30pm; Possibly adding “Singing for the Planet” in the courtyard after yoga/meditation.
- If interested in hosting a lecture, send description of topic to Carolyn at email@example.com within the next two weeks;
- Email Carolyn for questions regarding budget;
- Add/recreate a panel discussion on sustainability during Crash Course or in an evening over Green Week.
- Alice Zinnes: Postcard Competition
- Open theme;
- Can relate to “Anti-Fossil Fuel”, “Sustainability”, etc;
- To be displayed in the glass case in North Hall;
- NYPIRG: Student Action Meeting – Art and Activism
- February 16th (Thursday) from 7-10 in Main 409.
- Will be discussing the ways in which artists can be most effective as activists. There will be other campus groups present with arts & crafts materials (participants will be making signs, t-shirts, protest materials, etc) and free food.
- Will be a speaker from NYPIRG who is both an artist and an organizer. Project leaders will also give brief introductions of NYPIRG’s various campaigns and outline upcoming events.
Email Tetsu Ohara at firstname.lastname@example.org for ideas, suggestions, and questions on Green Week 2017!